Friday, 5 December 2008

The Damage Done by Warren Fellows

A book i read when traveling.................

Im going to tell you about the worst thing that ever happened to me. I dont know really want to tell you because its too terrible for me to recall. but i have to tell you. Its important that you know. and i have to get it out of my heart. This thing went on for eleven and a half years. think about that. think of the most wretched day of your life, maybe its when someone you loved died or when you were badly hurt in an accident or a day when you wereso terrified that you could scarsely bare i. imagine 4000 of those days, together in one big chunk, your getting close.

I do not tell this story to bring pitty on myself. i know that many people hate me for what i did and would believe that i deserved whatever i got. i can only ask those people to keep reading. If at the end of my story, you still believe that anyone could deserve the horrors that i saw, the you too are a criminal. A vengeful and sadistic one. Maybe you just have not been caught yet......

Ill spend the rest of the day convincing myslf that im not in that place any more. But i know that place, the horrors that occured, and all the loss it delivered me is burried in my heart forever. and from that, im afraid, i cant ever be free.

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Sounds good...I'll read it over christmas. You should have a read of First They Killed My Father, cant remember who its by. Its a true story about a girl from Cambodia during the war in 1970s/80s (I think thats when it was)

Danielle Sykes said...

haha! i read that too! i was going to put some up from that one too! i tried to read one book relevant to every place i went, ill lend you that book about thailand!